This section regards the terminated procedures for allocation of user rights.
3.5 GHz band (2015)
- Communication on the granting of user rights in the 3.5 GHz frequency band following the call for candidates of 27 February 2015
- Communication of 27 february 2015 on a call for candidates wishing to obtain user rights for the 3410-3500/3510-3600 MHz frequency bands
Procedure 900 & 1800 MHz bands (2014)
The procedure involves the allocation of 4.8 MHz of duplex in the 900 MHz band and of 15 MHz of duplex in the 1800 MHz band from 27 November 2015.
- Decision of 15 December 2014 on the granting of usage rights and on the division of spectrum in the 900 MHz and 1800 MHz frequency bands
- Procedure for granting rights of use available in the 900 MHz and 1800 MHz bands - Questions & Answers
- Procedure for granting rights of use available in the 900 MHz and 1800 MHz bands - Amendements to the information memorandum
- Decision on the repartition of the 1800 MHZ band
- Opinion of 12 February 2014 on the draft royal decree amending the royal decree of 7 march 1995 on the establishment and operation of gsm mobile telephone networks, the royal decree of 24 October 1997 on the establishment and operation of DCS-1800 mobile networks
- Call for application and application form
- Procedure for granting rights of use available in the 900 MHz and 1800 MHz bands : information memorandum
800 MHz band (2013)
800 MHz band allocation procedure (digital dividend).
- Amendments to the information memorandum
- BIPT workshop on the 800 MHz band auction held on 10 September 2013
- Microsoft Word version of the application form
- Call for application and Application Form
- Auction rules
- Opinion of the BIPT of 31 January 2013 concerning the draft Royal Decree on radio access to the 790-862 MHz frequency band
- Invitation to the workshop on 800 MHz spectrum award process
- Auction of usage rights for the 800 MHz band : information memorandum
- Communication of the BIPT Council of 28 March 2013 concerning the economic value of the band 790-862 MHz for DTT and for broadband
- Study of Aetha "Economic benefits from use of the 790-862MHz band for DTT and mobile broadband"
- Communication of the BIPT of 11 decembre 2012 concerning the compatability between LTE and cable networks/DVB-T
- Communication of the BIPT of 14 November 2012 concerning the study of Aetha consulting limited & NERA Economic consulting "Regulations for award of the 790-862 MHz band"
- Study of Aetha & NERA "Regulations for award of the 790-862 MHz band"
- Consultation at the request of the BIPT Council as commissioned on 11 September 2012 by the Private Office of the Minister for Economy regarding the draft Royal Decree amending the Royal Decree of 18 December 2009 on private radio communications
- Summary of replies to the consultation organised by the BIPT Council of 21 March 2012 on the 800 MHz band
- Consultation organised by the BIPT of 21 March 2012 on the 800 MHz band
- International Coordination Agreement concerning arrangements between operators
- International Coordination Agreement concerning the 800 MHz band
Fourth 3G-licence (2011)
Award procedure of the fourth 3G-licence (ended in 2011).
- Communication of 11 September 2013 regarding the opinion of 31 January 2013 concerning the adaptation of the legislation and regulation relating to 3G user rights
- Non-confidential version of the Decision of 28 June 2013 imposing an administrative penalty upon Telenet-Tecteo BidCo for non-compliance with Article 4 § 1 of the Royal Decree of 18 January 2001
- Non-confidential version of the Decision of 5 April 2013 regarding the refusal to grant Telenet-Tecteo Bidco a postponement for the commercial provision of the 3G service on 15 January 2013 at the latest and a postponement
- Consultation on the draft act amending Article 30 of the Act of 13 June 2005 on electronic communications and the draft royal decree on radio access in the band 790-862 MHz
- The BIPT delays the possibility for the candidate to bid for the fourth 3G licence to 27 June 2011, 10 a.m
- Auction of 3G-licences - Call for applications
2.6 GHz band (2011)
Award procedure of the 2.6 GHz band (ended in 2011).
- BIPT decision on the start of the 4G-licence period
- BIPT decision on the coexistence between 4G operators in the 2500-2690 MHz band and radars in the 2700-2900 MHz band
- Draft decision of the BIPT of 1 july 2011 on the coexistence between 4G operators in the 2500-2690 MHz band and radars in the 2700-2900 MHz band
- Compatibility study on the impact of LTE/ Wimax on the radars in the 2700-2900 MHz band
- Auction of 4G-licences - Call for applications
- Consultation organised by the BIPT at the request of the private office of the Minister of Enterprise and Simplification of 18 November 2009 on the amendment of article 30 of the act of 13 June 2005 on electronic communications
3.5 GHz band (2010)
Award procedure of the 3.5 GHz band (ended in 2010).