The Minister of Telecommunications has requested the BIPT to hold a public consultation about a draft royal decree to combat international calls with spoofed Belgian telephone numbers.
Spoofing of telephone numbers is a growing problem with a negative impact on Belgian citizens and businesses. It facilitates phishing and other types of fraud such as investment fraud, as well as annoying calls with severe negative social consequences.
The attached draft contains a number of measures that operators must implement in order to significantly reduce spoofing of Belgian telephone numbers.
Reactions to this public consultation should be submitted by 14th December 2023 in the way described on the cover of the preliminary draft annexed.
How to reply to this document?
- Until 14 December 2023
- Only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- With the reference “Consult-2023-D3”
- Contact person: Jan Vannieuwenhuyse, Senior Engineer-Advisor (+32 2 226 87 59)
- Please attach the cover form to your answer.
- Your comments should refer to the paragraphs and/or sections they relate to, and confidential parts
- FR: Download document "Consultation concernant un projet d'arrêté royal relatif à la lutte contre les appels vocaux internationaux au moyen de numéros de téléphone belges usurpés"
- NL: Download document "Raadpleging over een ontwerp van koninklijk besluit ter bestrijding van internationale spraakoproepen met gespoofde Belgische telefoonnummers"